Monday, November 02, 2009

Current Events - October

Rather than trying to catch up and post individual updates about everything that has happened lately, I decided to simply share some brief snippets about life in the Goodwin house. During October, we've been up to all kinds of mischief and fun, such as:

Family:
  • watched General Conference - missed Saturday, but caught all of Sunday's sessions.
  • got our seasonal flu shots. Benjamin got off shot-free because he is not yet 6 months old.
  • tried to get our H1N1 (aka: "the piggy flu") shots at a free clinic on Halloween, but we were turned away... though I got cornered and interviewed by a Seattle Times reporter.
Dave:
  • is getting geared up for church basketball.
  • is on a personal quest to find the perfect tent... lately, it's been the Mountain Hardwear EV Direct (see, I do listen). :)
  • was called as the 2nd counselor in the bishopric. We are all feeling a bit overwhelmed, yet blessed, about that one.
Benjamin:
  • weighed in at 10 lbs, 4 oz (10%) and measured 23 3/4" (25%) at his 2-month appointment on October 6th. Needless to say, he has been growing like a weed ever since!
  • started wearing 6 months clothing!
  • rolled back onto his back during tummy time - he really hates tummy time.
Michelle:
  • began the transition at work to a fully digital library. And yes, it's a huge project.
  • got a TdaP (tetanus/pertussis) shot updated so that Mr. Benjamin doesn't get whopping cough. Thank goodness I'm good for another 10 years... I'm still nursing a fetching bruise and I got the shot 2 1/2 weeks ago.
  • starts a cake decorating class on Thursday and is trying to learn how to do fondant so that she can whip together Brent's wedding cake/cupcakes.
And - what about Halloween Activities?
  • Halloween Spooktacular/Church party - Dave was Billy Joe Armstrong (Green Day), I was Janice (Muppets) and Benjamin was Winnie the Pooh. After a big baked potato bar, we headed to our various assigned stations; the YW put were in charge of a very spooky cupcake walk and the YM were in charge of the haunted primary room - both were a smashing success.

  • Costume Ball/Mark & Linda's party - Dave was Matt Hasselbeck (Seahawks QB) and I was a generic cowgirl. These were both easy, low-maintenance outfits... no need for wigs, make-up, etc. The night was filled with good food and lots of Beatles Rock Band fun.

  • Family get-together - just hung out in Edmonds on Halloween & ate pizza with everyone. While we were all a little sick, we were especially concerned about taking Benjamin out in the cold, rainy night. So, we sadly skipped Benjamin's first night of "Trick or Treating" and missed another festive party.

2 comments:

TnT Bingham said...

It was wonderful to read about Benjamin's blessing day! So happy that you had such a great experience.

I loved your description of shot day. It really is the worst, and that two months one is always the hardest for me!--breaks my heart like nothing else.

I can't believe you are making such gorgeous meals and blogging about them with such a new little baby to take care of. You are my hero (in so many ways!)

Love you!!!!

Jenni said...

If Dave finds a good tent that fits a family of 3 let me know. We still camp in a 2 man tent and I hate hate hate it. I want to get Will a "family" tent for our wedding anniversary in March but I'm afraid I would pick out something that he would just return. So if Dave finds a good one, do tell. :)