One of the most beautiful and amazing aspects of the gospel is the ability to start over. From scratch. To be forgiven. And move on, new and whole. Repentance allows us to identify the mistakes and work through them; the atonement makes it possible for us to be forgiven, to be clean and become perfected, like the Savior.
Lately, for one reason or another, I've become acutely aware of my bucket of weaknesses. I have A LOT. I try to work on them as I notice them, but sometimes I slip. I beat myself up. I get disappointed. I feel defeated. And, ultimately I don't like that person.
But then I remember. We've been given those two simple principles; they have a power to fix things and make things right again. I go through the steps and work to forgive myself. And I come out on the other side... ready to begin working on becoming the person I know I can be.
For that, I cannot even express my gratitude.
1 comment:
When I can't find my purse or my keys because I put them not where they belong, I beat myself up for a few minutes and then I'm fine.
Weaknesses are for a reason. We have to conquer them. This life is a great time to do that when we are still working on being perfect.
Love you for all your gratitude blogs. They were great!
Post a Comment