Brew me a cup for a winter’s night./For the wind howls loud and the furies fight;/Spice it with love and stir it with care,/And I’ll toast our bright eyes,/my sweetheart fair.
- Minna Thomas Antrim

The beauty and brilliance that a winter storm brings to the landscape is much more evident now that we live "out in the country". We can watch as those mighty storms sweep in across the valley; one minute, darkened skies, the next - we're in the midst of one of Mother Nature's magical displays.

Last week's snow event was a fun treat and because it didn't accumulate too badly on the streets, we welcomed this storm with open arms. Right after breakfast, I dressed Benjamin in multiple layers of comfy gear & sturdy boots before we set out on a morning walk around the neighborhood. And although I don't have a picture or video, I'd say his favorite part was zipping down the slide, launching haphazardly off the end and landing in a soft pillow of snow. His laugh was contagious and I found myself wishing I could be in his shoes - well, sturdy boots.
And for all of those inquiring minds that didn't see on FB, here is a picture of my birthday present from Dave - the finished product. It turned out better than I could ever have imagined. And you know, it's the perfect place to stash coats and boots after an exciting adventure out in the snow.
I've officially decided that winter is my favorite season - for now.



1 comment:
Your birthday present is amazing!!! It turned out beautiful.
Post a Comment