"If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it."
I have a very good excuse for my weeklong blogging absence - getting rid of The Sick. I wish I could write of a week full of fun adventures, of bright moments and magical things. But our last seven days had few shining moments. Instead, there were moments that sent me to the brink, to a place filled with all manner of dark, horrible, sickly things.
The worst part was that Benjamin was sick AND so was Dave.

Two sickies in one house = lots of ick: lots of laundry; lots of wipe, rinse, repeat; lots of diapers; lots of ick. There was a major low point, an Apex of Awfulness, if you will. Dave asked if I would blog about IT and I said I had some decorum; it is really TMI, in a major way. Suffice to say, at said Apex, I exclaimed: "I'm done!". I was ready to board the first train out of Virusville and never come back - it was that bad & I was beyond exhausted.
One afternoon, I discovered the timer setting on my camera. And in the midst of The Sick, I managed to snap a self-portrait. I think I would title it, "Coping - Really?".
Oh, and did I mention? - I got sent home sick from work today. Fortunately, I just finished off a 6-hour nap, which was preceded by an 11-hour night of sleep on Sunday (I went to bed at 6:30pm!). Now I feel like a new woman, besides the achy muscles, throbbing headache and gurgling, churning stomach, of course.
Looking back on it now, this whole experience was so incredibly awful, it kind of makes me chuckle and I've realized that this is just the beginning of a long road of fabulous highs, sprinkled with some really low moments. During those "lows", I will have to think back to Erma's quote (above), and remind myself that if you can't make it better, at the very least - you can always laugh.
2 comments:
hey friend! Love you! Hope the sickies are on the way out!--Love the blog reviving effort! You are amazing!
So glad that things are back to normal. How did your hubby like his picture being taken while sick?
Post a Comment