A Language Lesson As a past English major, I have this thing for words. They are a wonderful way to express yourself... and there are loads of them to fit every feeling, thought and moment. I've been known to troll the dictionary, just for fun, looking for new & weird words. Yep, you read that right; I read the dictionary - JUST FOR FUN. Laugh if you want, but that's how I roll, or troll.
Today's word was chosen because it so aptly describes how I'm feeling on this drippy, cool February 14th (& Monday) morn. I'm hoping my word of the day changes later as the Day O' Love blooms into a day fit for a more holiday-worthy word.
For now, here is "languid":
Lacking enthusiasm, energy, or strength; drooping or flagging from weakness, fatigue, or lack of energy; indisposed to exertion; sluggish; relaxed: as, languid movements; languid breathing; Heavy; dull; dragging; wanting spirit or animation; listless; apathetic
No comments:
Post a Comment