
This guy? Man, he has us wrapped around his little finger. This photo? It's a print from his 18-month shoot. The session was insanely bad; the photographer got about 6 pictures - and I hated all 6. I had a tired, cranky boy who was awoken from a nap to get pictures done - & unbeknownst to me, a day away from the full-blown flu. But you know, this lovely picture emerged from the ashes. And it's not bad; I think I might even like it now.
Years of wishing and dreaming are about to come to an end. We are getting our new bed today and I am beside myself with glee. We've had a California-style frame (the plain, metal one that you hide with a bed skirt) since we've been married. Before I was married, I had a smaller version of the CA frame since I was a wee child. Getting a real bed - made with real wood - it's beyond exciting. I can hardly wait for the hours of blissful sleep it will provide in the coming years.
Since I was quite small, I have been equally fascinated and horrified by this beautiful tale, which is most well-by the beautiful artwork of Maurice Sendak. However, I came across this quaint little print and fell in love with this different perspective; still somewhat scary but beautiful in its innocence and simplicity.
One year later, thankfully, we find ourselves well, solid, whole.

Blank slate. Blinking cursor. A fresh sheet of clean, white paper.
Whatever medium it may be, I love the beckoning of that empty space, eagerly waiting to be filled. And while it may seem like my blog would show otherwise, I enjoy the writing process immensely. So, I'm getting my ducks in a row, my writing manuals unearthed and my mind cleared. I'm ready to write something: something good; something great; or maybe something completely awful. Whatever the case, I'm back - and it's time to get to work.

3 comments:
I love the picture of Benjamin and of the new bed. I can't wait until we can get a "real" bedroom set!!! Oh my list of wants seems to get longer all the time....
This was one of the best posts I have ever read. I love the pictures and the one of "the little man" is darling. I can hardly wait to see your new bedroom. Love the bed. Thanks for sharing these thoughts.
This was just lovely, Michelle. Thank you for putting yourself out there to share, again and again.
Post a Comment