why do we write?
If my blog required food, water and rest, I think it might be ok. But it doesn't need any of that stuff. What it does need is a steady supply of posts, filled with funny anecdotes and semi-interesting stories, sprinkled with a picture or image here and there.We write to tell our truth.We write to know who we are.We write to find our voices.We write to save the world.We write to save ourselves.We write so that when we look backAnd see that moment when we areTotally clear, completely brilliantAnd outstandingly wise,There is proof -Proof right there on the page.~Nancy Slonim Aronie
It appears that my lack of posting is steadily killing my blog.
I've noted the following corollary - no posts, no photos, no readers, no comments.
But no more.
My blog was on the brink of death. I'm trying to bring it back to life. We're going back to the beginning; a simpler time with more frequent postings... hopefully. Three posts in one week is a sure sign that this little blog is on the road to recovery. Bring on the writing!
yea!
2 comments:
If I don't write right away, I never get to it. Hence the postings 2 hours after an outing. :) I can't stand writing today about something that happened last week.
I originally started a blog for a very few people - out of state family and friends. Then it got to where I had so many people reading it (ok, probably not SO many) that I felt like I was bragging if I wrote about certain things or that maybe my audience didn't care to hear such details. I've decided to just blog for me. It might be boring and somewhat of a travel log, but at least when I'm scrapbooking (which I still do both) I can go back a year and get the details I forgot about and remember which pictures I'd like to print - since there's thousands by now - and if I didn't edit pictures for my blog I'd never sort through them.
Post a Comment