1. To confuse; perplex.
I've been in a blogging funk. I just haven't had much to say lately. This is not common for me.
I've been in a blogging funk. I just haven't had much to say lately. This is not common for me.
It's not the rain or overcast skies. I've lived here nearly my whole life and I find those kind of days to be quite comforting. It's pouring outside and I walk in it without an umbrella or a hood. I'm so Seattle, I actually live for those dark, rainy days.
It's not Autumn. Despite the shorter days and lack of sun, this is my favorite season of the year. Bring on the sweaters, heavy quilts, apple cider, pumpkin goodness and warm hearths. I.LOVE.IT.ALL.
It's not that we are sitting at home, bored and twiddling our thumbs. We continue to move at breakneck speed, but I haven't felt inspiration to snap pictures of anything. Many times, pictures help inspire my blog posts, but I have nothing new in my iPhoto albums to spark some creative writing. Case in point, in the last week we have:
Had two playdates for Benjamin; went to his gymnastics class; wrote a song; cooked all day Friday to whip up a hearty, 2-bean chili, homemade whole-wheat rolls (melt in your mouth), strawberry & wild greens salad, and peach cobbler; delivered part of that meal to a sick family in the ward - and we ate the other part; played in a women's volleyball tournament on Friday (due to injury & such, we only had 4 players, so it was quite the workout); had Amanda & Rowan over for a Saturday brunch of Basil Egg Bake, Ebelskivers & Hot Chocolate while Dave & Bret bike-escorted the YW on their 22-mile walk to the temple; and attended the baby blessing of Jon & Julie's newest addition, Elise Ruth.
See - I have a lot I could have blogged about; I just didn't have the time, energy or drive to do it. And I just can't figure out why.

1 comment:
I think the best way to explain it is the word you used with me "funk". Maybe this is Funk season and that is why so many of us are feeling a little off (funky just didn't sound right). You're creative even when you don't feel like writing. I'm starving and my mouth is watering from your food descriptions.
Post a Comment