ASIAN LETTUCE WRAPS with SPICY GROUND TURKEY
In the mood for something with flavor fireworks, but calorically-kind to your metabolism? This is the dish for you, my friends.
This week, we've been working on getting more lean meats and produce into our diets. A bit of a health kick, if you will. I've made this dish before; the first time I did, Dave asked if we could add it to our permanent rotation. Of course, you have to be a fan of Asian-inspired fare, as well as a bit of spice... although you do have some control over the latter.
There are a number of recipes I've tried. Tonight, I took a bit of a shortcut... and I never measure anything when I'm cooking, so I'll try my best to "guess-timate". Here is the method to my madness:
INGREDIENTS
1 package Foster Farms Lean Ground Turkey
1/2 medium Red or White Onion, diced
1 tsp minced garlic from jumbo Costco container (a nice shortcut)
1/2 red pepper, diced
1/2 bottle of prepared Peanut Sauce, low-fat & low-sugar (my other awesome shortcut)
A few dashes of Kikkoman soy sauce, low-sodium
A few dashes of Rice Wine Vinegar
A few shakes of Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 bunch of Cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup of Peanuts, chopped
1 head of Bibb Lettuce cups; washed, patted dry and separated
Brown the turkey until the pink is gone. Add the onion and garlic; cook until onions are translucent. Add red pepper and cook for a few more minutes.
Add generous amount of peanut sauce, until meat mixture is well covered. Then add soy sauce, vinegar, red pepper flakes and about 1/2 of the chopped cilantro. Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes.
Serve a portion of meat into a cup of lettuce. Top with cilantro and peanuts. Eat immediately.
1 comment:
Yum! I'm going to have to try this recipe!
Post a Comment