Someone from Beverly Park ward can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this Halloween bag was one of several craft projects from our Super Saturday in 2007. The funny thing is, I actually took on the project because I thought it would be a cute trick-or-treat bag for my then-future child(ren).
I signed up for two. The other was a mummy-themed bag; I made it for my friend, Amanda, who loves all things Halloween. I delivered that bag to her in 2009, as part of prize basket for a blogging contest I held. Mr. Frankenstein, on the other hand, has been wadded up, stored, packed up, unboxed, and stored again since 2007. I had done the hand-stitching with both bags, then left this one un-sewn and with no handles yet attached.
With Halloween less than a week away and my now 2-year-old trick-or-treater in need of something to tote his bounty of sugary goodness, I grabbed this from a box in the garage, lugged out my sewing machine and got to work. It took me less than an hour and I was done! One hour. 4 years and all I needed was an hour.
Anyway, I just sewed up the sides of the bag, gusseted the bottom and attached the handles with a fun star stitch. And wa-la! Project: Cute Bag For Which To Tote Massive Amounts of Halloween Candy is FINALLY complete!
2 comments:
How cute! And completed in only 1 hour? Impressive!
I think you have the timeframe right. I did two bags also and did finish up one in 2009. The other I'm still working on blanket stitching around the iron-ons (you didn't mention that the most time consuming part) I've got another year or so to get motivated. They are cute and trick-or-treat bags.
Post a Comment