TUESDAY
On the second day of Birthday fun, I had to go to Costco to pick up pizza for the missionaries. While waiting, I picked up a slice of (birthday) pizza and chocolate frozen yogurt.
WEDNESDAY
On the third day of Birthday fun, I bought a bunch of gerbera daisies. Love love loved the coral color!
THURSDAY
On the fourth day of Birthday fun, I brought creme brulee to my birthday office party (we made it for YW the night before). The treats were tasty, but I also received a bounty of wonderful cards, as well as a cute crocheted scarf and hat with crocheted flower. Marigold is a fabulous color on me, if I do say so. Finished off the night with a game of women's basketball at the stake center - not my greatest game, but it was fun, nonetheless.
FRIDAY
Dave took me out to dinner at a little Mexican restaurant, El Puerto, in downtown Edmonds. He also gave me a new camera - a Canon Rebel Xsi! What a great guy, huh? I was so excited because after dinner, we were also planning to take a walk around town and then hop the ferry to snap some gorgeous pictures. Unfortunately, due to dark & rainy weather - and a dead battery, we headed back home to watch this little flick:

SATURDAY
Went to basketball practice and then to the mall to pick up some clothes for the kiddo. Ran into Christina at Penney's and we had a nice chat, before I had to pick up Dave. The rest of the day was filled with chores and baby stuff. I didn't think I'd have time to celebrate before the adult session of Stake Conference, but Dave surprised me with a Brownie Batter blizzard - and yeah, it was pure birthday bliss.
SUNDAY
Dave's family made me feel really special on a stressful day. We attended Stake Conference which was wonderful and spiritually powerful, but also proved to be a bit of a challenge. Benjamin seems to have begun teething today and so my day was filled with a taming a runny-nosed, irritable, sleepless and extremely tired infant. But then we headed to dinner with Dave's family. His mom put together a birthday taco salad bar, followed by Chocolate Overload cake and a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday". My apologies for not taking any pictures - I was too busy trying all of the tasty morsels.
And, with that, I have officially completed the Weeklong Birthday Celebration experiment. Thanks for celebrating with me!
3 comments:
Sounds marvelous! Hope you enjoyed your birthday and week of celebrating!
What a wonderful birthday week experiment. Glad it was all good.
You are so good. So glad you are in our lives as our daughter.
Wow, your week sounds like it was absolutely wonderful.
How did you like that movie? We watched that one too on a date, in the theater, because there wasn't any other movies we wanted to see at the time (so we sort of defaulted to that one). It was just okay. Kind of blasphemous in many ways. Ok not KIND of, it totally was. LOL
Post a Comment