With all of the craziness that the holidays can provide, why not add a wedding to the mix? Sounds like a good idea, right?! Actually, it was a lovely winter wedding and it made sense as families were home for the holidays, so all of the siblings were able to be there for Brent and Azzlinn's big day.
It was a beautiful day, even though the sky was a little gray and drizzly, we could spy glimpses of blue sky peaking through the clouds. Despite a very long talk from the sealer, the sealing was wonderful and it was nice to be there for my little brother.
After a few pictures in the freezing cold, we hurried over to Edmonds to pick up the cupcakes and our little guy (who had an upset stomach), we met up with everyone at the Old Spaghetti Factory. The luncheon was great and 50+ people made for loads of interesting conversations.
After the luncheon, we headed up north to Smokey Point to start prepping for the reception at the stake center. Azzlinn's family did most of the decorating and they were able to transform the cultural hall into a beautiful backdrop for the evening's festivities.
A few months ago, they asked me to make the cake - well, cupcakes - for their big day. It was an honor to be asked to help, although I was a bit trepidatious as it was my first time doing something like that for something so important.
The days leading up to the wedding were chaotic, with frosting, dragees and fondant flying. Around 10pm, on their wedding eve, I had 250 cupcakes sitting on the table; they were baked, filled and placed in bins to be transported to the church to receive the finishing touches.
Thanks to help from my mom, sister Kali, sister-in-law Rachel and future sister-in-law Kristie, I was able to kick them out much faster than if I had just been working on my own. The best part, in my opinion, was the cupcake stand that I asked a friend to make for me; it turned out
so perfect and really added that extra punch for the display at the reception.
Unfortunately, we were dealing with a sick kiddo, so we only stayed for half of the reception. But, we were able to be there for the cake cutting, which did not fail to entertain. With that, I wanted to wish congratulations to the newlywed Marchants - thanks for being guinea pigs for my first wedding cake adventure!
5 comments:
Amazing! (Both you and the cake!!)
wow! I am so impressed. Seriously this is like a "gig" and you can have a portfolio now. (As if you don't have one already... but people could now "book" you!!)
The cake stand is pretty sweet...good job Brother P.! The cupcakes look divine and I'm sure the bride and groom were pleased with the outcome. Having previous desserts of yours before I'm sure there was not a singl one leftover.
That cupcake stand... AMAZING!!!! I've never seen anything like it!!
I like the cupcake/cake display! Very trendy and cute. Good job.
Post a Comment