Monday, January 25, 2010

The Weeklong Celebration of Me

Blow up the balloons and light the candles... it's time to party!

OK, before you start thinking that I am completely pretentious, there is a STORY and a REASON behind this blog post title.

One of my favorite things about my SIL Heather (the one who passed away last year and who I miss like crazy) was that she loved to celebrate - and did it up big. One year when her birthday rolled around, she proclaimed that it was "The Weeklong Celebration of Me" (Me being her). Apparently, she didn't feel that one day was enough to celebrate someone's birthday; rather, that birthday person deserved an entire week of frivolity and mirth.

With a new baby, work, a house and a husband to take care of, I seem to have forgotten to take care of me lately. So, in light of that and to honor Heather, I am proclaiming that this is The Weeklong Celebration of Michelle! And how do I intend to celebrate? Well, by doing something fun every day, of course... with a detailed report back to my little blogging world about the celebratory festitivies.

So, stay tuned for the fabulous, fun times that are about to ensue! (To be Continued...)

4 comments:

Mindy Hales said...

This is a great idea and you deserve it!!

Jenni said...

I think this is a fabulous idea. I can't wait to hear about what you do!

Amanda Schurig said...

FUN FUN FUN!!!! I just may have to adopt that idea myself! Us mothers deserve a week long (if not longer) celebrations for us because we are AMAZING!!!!!!

Harmony said...

I remember Heather doing that--it's an awesome idea! I've got to hear about how you celebrated this week!