As we ran to get dinner, I thought about how to start the "weeklong celebration of me". As we ate dinner, I kept thinking, thinking, thinking.
Shortly thereafter, a trip to Costco for diapers, razors and chicken broth (weird combo, I know) was followed by a fill up of the gas tank. Then we headed across town to get soy formula at Wal-mart because it's the best deal around. Not surprisingly, twenty minutes later my cart had a can of formula sitting in it - right next to 10 additional items.
Still couldn't think of a way to kick off the festivities and I was starting to wonder if I wouldn't be able to make good on the promise to myself. After feeding and changing Benjamin, the lightbulb suddenly appeared and visions of whipped creamy, chocolate-y goodness started bouncing in my head.
In our neck of the woods, pudding is a nice way to cap off the evening. Maybe it reminds us of childhood. Maybe it is no big deal to lots of people - but it is to us. Pudding is a family favorite and a symbol of good times and sweet treats around here.
To spice things up a bit - and wax a bit celebratory - I threw on a generous splash of white and milk chocolate chips (there is always room for more chocolate), stuck in a striped blue and yellow candle, lit it and made a pre-birthday wish.
As most Mondays go, I was tired - you can see it in my eyes . And Monday is not well known as a day for big celebrations, so we started small & simple. But I know it's the start of one very sweet week!
Tomorrow should prove to be a good & bad day - good because we are going to attend Baby Storytime at the library, but bad bad bad because I have to get drilled for three fillings at the dentist. And you all know how I detest the dentist. Any ideas or suggestions on how to add some celebrating to my Tuesday would be most appreciated!
7 comments:
Well, not that you want to make it all about food or anything, but anytime I have to get work done at the dentist I usually reward myself with Tillamook Mudslide icecream. I know that is ironic, considering eating stuff like that is probably what put me in the dentist's chair in the first place, but whatever.
Yum! Looks good. Which storytime are you going to? We would go to the Bothell storytime today, but we are sick.....again.
That bowl looks like a big pile of goodness. yum. I love your celebration of YOU week! Happy Birthday, all week!! Valium helps take the edge off for a stressful appointment. :) I only did it once, but I don't suggest driving. I'm excited to see what you do this week!
YUM!!!!! I wanted to reach through the computer take it and devour it!
i don't know..... this just looks like a little too much sugar... but since it's chocolate it works. Love all the posts.
chelle, I'm loving the week long celebration idea! (and that it is in honor of Heather) You are so worth celebrating for MORE than a week! That baby is precious! Sorry I don't tell you I love you often enough! Promise to be in touch soon!
Well, tuesday has already passed, but glad we could be part of your pizza party lunch on wednesday! So nice of you to bring lunch to us!
Post a Comment