Saturday, February 06, 2010

Saturday is a Special Day

Ever have one of *those* days?

As I sit typing this, I have multiple layers of spit-up on my shoulder, a huge wet spot on my pants thanks to drool and a tired, poopy-panted, teething, screeching monkey sitting on my lap.

But still, today has been a good day.
Because a bunch of my girlfriends were coming over for our every-other-month GNO & 4-Birthday Extravaganza, Dave felt it was time to head for the hills, literally. He and Bret drove up to Snoqualmie Pass, the nearest sort-of-snowy place to test out his newest gear - MSR snowshoes.

With a kiddo at home, it was a little bit challenging to clean, clear and bake up a storm but I seemed to manage. I made an apple coffeecake, as well as a fresh fruit salad. I quickly threw on a clean tablecloth and some mini daffodils, followed by place settings for six. The smell of cinnamon and apple wafted in the air, hopefully overpowering any other smells that may have been lingering!

We dined on German pancakes with syrup; two different coffeecakes; fruit; bagels with cream cheese; raspberry streusel bites; spinach, mushroom & goat cheese quiche; an egg scramble with bacon, onions & peppers; and strawberry banana smoothies. Following a wonderful meal, I gave everyone a quick tour of our newly-remodeled digs. Then we just sat around and chatted about marriage, family, and life in general... which is always my favorite part of all. Our little birthday brunch was a smashing success and I think everyone enjoyed it.

Right after the brunch, my parents showed up to babysit Benjamin while I headed over to Bothell for a haircut. It was my first time in Michelle's salon and I had a great time chatting with her while she worked her magic. A few inches and layers later, I was a happy girl!

Since then, I've been playing with Benjamin, napping, watching movies, blogging, cleaning, cooking and generally trying to get ready for Sunday.

5 comments:

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

So funny, I spelled brunch wrong so I tried to edit the comment. Oh well, this is what I meant to say.

Your brunch sounds delicious and it was fun having you come to my salon! Hope you like your haircut! :)

SBrooks said...

Sounds divine! What a great idea!

wandering nana said...

Such a wonderful beginning....and Sunday had such a wonderful ending. Hope you get some sleep.

Tamara said...

It was a wonderful gathering of friends and food. Thank you for letting us come to your place - it looks fantastic! Can't wait to see your new hair.