Dude, we are Sick. Sick, with a capital 'S'.The kind of sick where you want to sleep for hours with Kleenex stuffed up your nose, VaporRub slathered on your chest, multiple cold medicines coursing through body, your feet bundled in scratchy wool socks and the heaviest blanket pushing you deep into the cozy warmth of your mattress.
Yeah, it's really not pretty.
Lots of runny noses, typhoid Mary-like coughing, sneezing, barfing, crying, whining. Basically, lots of cough, hack, wheeze, repeat.
But were getting by... barely.
How are we surviving The Plague of 2010, you may ask? Well, we have a handy Sick Day Survival Kit, consisting of:
- Tried and true Chicken Noodle Soup - heavy on the brothy healing component
- Water - not just any water; has to be very cold, filtered water with crushed icy bits floating about
- Puffs Plus Lotion with Vicks - breathing in the menthol goodness as I type this - and no, it is not stuffed up my nose - yet
- Emergen-C - you can't beat the tangy zip of this grainy, fruity Vitamin C drink. Who knows if it really works, but we're desperate here
- Ricola - not sure if it really works either but it's sure fun to yodel the name, especially when you sound like a gravelly-voiced gangster man
- Respironics Inspiration nebulizer - keeping the bronchial tubes clear for some very congested folk
- Dreyer's Frozen Yogurt: Cookies & Cream - this is always on the list, whether we are sick or not. But it totally helps soothe and coat the savage fire of an irritated, sickly throat.
- The 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics - the mid-air collisions of ski cross, fruity men's figure skating outfits, swishing ice dancers, flipping aerialists, frenetic pace of x-country skiing, kooky snowboarding lingo and nail-biting ice hockey games are getting us through the tough times. So nice of them to plan it for when we got sick, eh? (I'm half Canadian so it is totally ok for me to utilize the authentic sayings, don't you think?)
I have a lot more to say and tons of pictures to share with my blog-reading folks; will try to catch up with my backlog of blogs someday... cough, hack, wheeze. Repeat.
3 comments:
I hope you all get better real soon, Michelle. Being sick is the worst.
Oh dear. I am so sorry that you guys have THE SICK. Alice has been down with it since last Thursday and it's AWFUL.
Yikes sorry to hear you guys are (were) sick. I hope things are getting better. I think we are on the verge of all getting sick...Preston's got it right now and I'm starting to feel it in my throat. Ughhh.
Post a Comment