Thursday, February 11, 2010

Six Months

Happy 6 months, Benjamin!
It's wild to think that this little guy has already been part of our family for six months. Crazy.
But, we are so glad to have him because he fills our home with baby giggles, coos and babbles that we so adore.

6-month Stats:
Height - 28" (90th percentile)
Weight - 16 lbs, 4 oz (25th percentile)
Head Circumference - 17" (25th percentile)

Milestones & Things of Note:
Rolling from stomach to back, back to stomach
Multiple rolls (frequently find him up against the wall, after leaving him in the middle of the room)
Pushes up on his hands
Pushes up onto his knees
Is very ticklish
Giggles hysterically
Has a hearty appetite
Babbles and mirrors sounds
Scoots backwards
Sits unaided... until he decides he'd rather stand
Loves to be on his feet
Loves his bouncer - bounces for hours with blissful glee

On the Menu:
Soy formula(though we hope to change this soon)
Bananas
Sweet potatoes
Prunes

Nicknames:
Peanut/Mr. Peanut
Sweetie-pie
Boo
Buddy
Benjamin Bean


AND... on an entirely different Note:
Believe it or not, Dave is about to embark on a winter camping trip with the Scouts up at Stevens Pass. And yes, I'm letting him go willingly. But, this time I know exactly where he will be, when he will be home and he will have cell phone access.

While he is gone, we will be visiting the pediatrician, go for a walk with friends, clean bathrooms, do laundry, visit Wandering Nana for Valentine crafts, watch a movie (maybe), have the dreaded bathtime, make treats for Friday night, attend the YW slumber party (including a Wii tournament of "Just Dance")... and much, much more! Let the good times roll!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Such a cute picture!!! Have a good weekend with all of your fun activities! :)

Heidi said...

that is a cute picture! I can't believe he is already 6 months!

Heidi said...

Oh, he's adorable! I can't believe it's been six months, either--it goes too fast!

I hope Dave has a good climb and I'm glad you have all the details on his trip. :)

SBrooks said...

Time flies! He is such a cutie! Great picture of him!

Jenni said...

Awwe happy 6 months Benjamin!