Monday, August 31, 2009

Of Note

We're happy. 
We're healthy.
We're sleeping (kind of).
We're being well-fed, thanks to many good friends and family.
We've ventured outside - more than once.
We made it through 3-hours of church!
We're tired...
But-
we're surviving!

A few other good things to report:
* We forgot to share the birth statistics:  Benjamin David Goodwin was born at 1:51pm on Tuesday, August 11, 2009; weight - 6 lbs (exactly); length - 19 3/4".
* Benjamin seems to be getting into a routine - lots of eating, sleeping and other things which shall not be named (but, dude, they include large quantities of icky stuff).
* Weight (of baby) continues to increase
* Weight (of mommy) continues to decrease.  In fact, I'm 8 lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight!


Today's picture update:  Long Fingers!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

8 pounds away from pre-pregnancy weight?! Amazing! And we haven't even started walking yet. It took me a lot longer than that!! :)

So sad we missed you today. We have been without our car for 2 weeks now and we bored out of our minds. A visit would have been wonderful! Hope to see you soon!

wandering nana said...

Way to go mom. Glad to hear things are going better. If you need anything, call... I haven't wanted to bug you.

Amanda Schurig said...

Your post's crack me up!!! I didn't get to my pre-pregnancy weight for almost a year!!! You are an inspiration to all!!! SOO glad things are running more smoothly! See, you got your momma grove!!

Amanda Schurig said...

Grove? I meant groove ;)

tearese said...

lucky..I did that weight thing with the first two, but its not happening this time...I think I've still got 15 to go at least! Oh well.

Jenni said...

Wow awesome on your weight loss. Your little guy is so adorable. Keep posting the pictures - I love them!

SBrooks said...

Wow! Sounds like you are making it just fine! Way to go! Sounds like you are champs already!