Sunday, August 02, 2009

General Malaise

Today I am ready for the end.

I have been so blessed with a relatively easy, uncomplicated pregnancy (well, besides the icky version thingy). I never thought this day would come but everyone kept telling me otherwise.

In the last week, I've been telling Dave I feel like a bloated toad.

I'm sure that last week's weather played an important role in getting to this current state. As the forecast played out, by Wednesday we had highs reaching into the shocking, triple-digit range (enough to nearly kill off a native Pacific Northwesterner, pregnant or otherwise). And, the rest of the week decided to stay stubbornly mired in the mid to upper-90s. With very few homes here equipped with A/C (including ours), this has not been a banner week for me.

And yet, there's more! The weather did "cool" down to the low 90s today, but I woke up with a freak-of-nature migraine. I attempted the church thing, but only made it through sacrament meeting before throwing in the towel. I spent the majority of the day in our dark living room, catching glimpses of whatever movie was on FX when I periodically woke from my funk-induced slumber. Oh, and yeah - the house was still blazing hot.

So, while I don't like to complain, I wanted to share a glimpse into this day: t-minus 9 and counting of my pregnancy... and, the reason that I'm ready to be DONE.

I never, ever thought I'd say it, but bring on the c-section.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Ok, I had to laugh at the picture! Just think, you are SO close to being done! Yay! Let's just hope this weather cools off, bring on the rain! :)

Sarah and James Wagner said...

I just love your past post then this one! It is so great that we can blog and write how we truly feel! If you need to escape the heat feel free to comeover!!! Soon he will be here! Yay!

SaraRobinson said...

Every time I saw the weather I thought of you...my husband didn't believe me about the no AC thing though. I hope you are feeling better.

Amanda Schurig said...

OH MICHELLE!! I feel your pain!!!! I remember towards the end of my pregnancy I was so big none of my maternity clothes fit anymore and my limbs would go numb and I couldn't hardly breath! It was misery!!!! But to make matters worse Samantha was 12 DAYS LATE! I cried all the time. After the first 7 past dues days I started telling everyone that I wasn't really pregnant I was just really really fat and sometimes I swore I saw leprechauns and unicorns prancing around in my living room... I was so messed up! But I CAN NOT even imagine how you felt last week in the death heat!! You are a trooper!!! Only a few days left, you WILL have this baby SOON!! Just keep telling yourself that!!! Love ya girl!! :)

Frank and Julie said...

If I could I would bring David from Utah, have him take out my air-conditioner in my bedroom and install it in yours!
But alas he is at Paul's wedding in Wyoming.
Think cool! Think cool. It's supposed to rain on Thursday.

angelalois said...

ok that picture is hilarious. good luck... and you don't LOOK like a bloated toad. you look like a gorgeous pregnant lady!

Jenni said...

I was actually thinking a lot about you last week during that super hot spell...crossing my fingers that you guys had an A/C unit or something. :( Sorry it was miserable. Just think...only a few more days!! YAHOO!