Hello, my blogging friends... it's been a while!
I'm not even going to go into the insane details of the last 11 days but it involves a lot of 6-hour marathon feedings, nipple shields (my mortal enemy), messy diaper tales, and a gazillion trips to the pediatrician & lactation center. In spite of it all, we love our little guy and wanted to share some pics of his first few days.










Hope you enjoy!
13 comments:
What a cute little man!!! I can say cute now. :) Congrats! How are you doing? Lovely momma, get some sleep.
OK I HAVE to give you my 2 cents...throw out the nipple shields!! They were the most horrible thing ever. TMI ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ended up with a pretty bad infection because of those things and out of the MONTHS of hell, Emma never learned to nurse anyway. It was awful to go out anywhere because I couldn't nurse without the whole world seeing everything because they had to be just right...yuck!!!
But hey if they are actually working for you then great!!
He is SOOOO cute and tiny and I could just eat him up!!!
Love the pictures!!!
He is so cute. It is so fun seeing you two with him. There are some not so fun times but oh, there are even more fun times ahead. Call if you need anything.
Ohh, Michelle!!! I feel your pain!!!!!! This motherhood thing isn't all lovely and precious is it?? Let me explain myself, it is wonderful and fantastic but it's really REALLY HARD at first because there is no special handbook just for your Benjamin David Goodwin! You have to figure your little fellow out on your own... That's what I hated the most. I had no freakin' idea what my screaming day and night child really needed from me I nearly went insane!!!!! Please PLEASE let me know if I can help you in anyway. Even if you just want to go walk the streets for a while and try to remember what the sky looks like. I will feed him and rock him just to give his momma a break!!! I want to bring you dinner this Saturday night? Will that work for you? Let me know!! Love ya, Amanda :)
PS Us momma's have all been there!! It's hard and SUCKs at first because you feel like you're a crazy person BUT it does get better and you will be a professional momma before you know it! Don't stress about nursing either, if it doesn't work for you then that's ok! Costco has a steal of a deal on formula. :)
PPS Your baby is really adorable!! He is soo tiny!!!
chelle, honey, I'm thinking of you! I know it feels like you are never going to feel like yourself again, but it's going to get better....MUCH better. Just take it a day at a time. He is precious! --and you look great too! Call me if you need to chat--day or night! I mean it. Hang in there! You're doing a wonderful thing!
Wow. He looks so little! Congratulations to you both.
Michelle - he's adorable! Congratulations! If you ever want to talk "mom talk," I love connecting with other moms to share ideas and experiences. I've found that it makes such a difference to connect with other moms. Plus, there's so much advice out there, it can be nice to just throw around ideas and take a little bit here and there. Enjoy your new guy!
What an adorable tiny little dude!
I nursed through Nipple Shield Armageddon (for nearly the entire time Alice breastfed: 6 months) and lived to tell the tale. If you need to talk - call me, okay? I have tips! Helpful tips! (like you can use some of the Lansinoh on the underside of the nipple shield to help it to ...stick? Or something?)
Hang in there!!!!
He's so long and skinny! Are you still nursing then? Its hard when there are so many issues early on, and everyone keeps telling you wht you're doing "Wrong".
I always got thrush with my little ones, and got mastitis twice. Though not this time...yet! Good luck.
he is such a cutie...loved all the pictures. :)
Oh he's so cute and little. Thanks for taking time to share some photos!
What a handsome little man. I think you are already a rock star of a mom. Being a mom is never what you thought it would be, but babies do get easier! Sort of ;)
Post a Comment