Thursday, August 06, 2009

Countdown: Day 5

Goodwin Updates

Dave: Played a double-header softball game last night. Was brilliant and had an amazing play at home plate, but is, thus, very tired this morn.

Michelle: Am tired too. But seriously giddy that the high temp today is forecast at 68 beautiful degrees... during the 1st week of August. Pure. Bliss.

Had some seriously swollen feet last night during the double-header, like the supremely hideous kind I wanted to curl up in the bottom of my warm-up pants and hide beneath the bleachers. We are talking ugly stuff here.

After softball, we came home and I promptly elevated those puppies skyward while watching "Great White Appetite" courtesy of the Discovery Channel. As the gigantic shark bobbed and weaved to catch a carpet-shaped seal decoy, I forgot about my troubled feet and enjoyed the show. Confession time: I'm more than a bit obsessed with Shark Week, but that's a story for another day.

Hoping for a less swollen day today... fingers crossed.

The Boy: Poor kid suffered through the game last night because I stuffed my self into a pair of pre-pregnancy warm-up pants (everything else was in the wash). Honestly, I couldn't believe I got them on so easily. But... yes, the waist was just a bit TIGHT. Never fear - he's still extremely active this morning, so I think he survived the tight fit.

2 comments:

Sarah and James Wagner said...

One day we will be at the softball games....I miss our time there!!

SBrooks said...

So cute you are in your preggers state! I hope all is bliss the next couple and will pray for safe and sound you with little baby boy bundle. Love ya cous!