Monday, August 03, 2009

Countdown: Day 8

Goodwin Updates

Dave: At 6am, I dropped him off at the church so he could live it up with the large crowd of cacophonous 12-year-old scouts at Fire Mountain. After all, this is (by far) his favorite scouting activity of the year (emphasis has been added to denote extra-thick, dripping-with-sacrcasm, tone).

I just talked to him during lunch and he was scaling a climbing wall that's off-limits, but who is really going to stop one of the leaders? Really. Bring it on, Fire Mountain Rule Enforcers.

What better way to prepare for daddyhood than to be in those serious testerone-y surroundings?

Michelle: I'm still doing important library work (organizing my supplies closet and all of my desk drawers) while trying with all of my might to fit into any pair of "shoes" that look reasonably professional* each morning.  And oh yeah, that's been fun. 

This same principle also applies to my clothing options. While I appreciate all of the awesome maternity clothes I received from my sister-in-law, Rachel, her baby was born this March - so most of her clothes are winter-appropriate, rather than for a record-breaking, blazing-hot, Death Valley-like summer.

Also, I've continued to try and eat healthy but here are a list of random cravings that have popped into my head throughout the day:
  • grapes (not so bad)
  • strawberries (not so bad)
  • apple fritter
  • 3 Musketeers bar
  • anything McDonald's
  • bagel
  • grape juice
  • peanut butter & crackers
  • Ho-Hos

I'm sure there are some items missing from the list, but these were some of the big cravings that STUCK. As you can tell, I feel like I've been thinking about food every single minute of the day. I did cave when I found a jar of PB & some wholegrain crackers in my desk drawer - yea for an effective cleaning project! Hopefully these cravings will cease soon... otherwise I'm in BIG trouble.

The Boy: Serious groove-fest going on inside. Like, all day long. I guess that means that he's getting so big that there isn't a lot of room left to manuever.

Either that, or he's going to come out, singing & dancing to ABBA's "Dancing Queen" with Lucy & Alice.  Oh, heavens.

* I'm coming close to grabbing my Adidas sports sandals; they're the only thing that has a little wiggle room left and who's really going to point out the unprofessionalism of said sandals when I am due next week?

2 comments:

Whimsy said...

I just sent you an EPIC, NOVEL-LENGTH email that will hopefully not send you running from the house, screaming.

We'll see.

YAY FOR DAY 8!!!! CLOSER THAN EVER!!!!

Is there anything I can bring you (besides shoes)?

Mindy said...

When I was pregnant with Ella, my feet swelled up like crazy for 3 months (she was an August baby). I finally wore Teevas most days my final 2 months and just told my supervisor at work that I couldn't fit into anything else! During both of my pregnancies, I've craved Taco Bell (which I don't really eat otherwise) and Teriyaki (they don't have it here!). Sorry to hear that you'll have to go the c-section route, but I have a friend who's had 3 that way out of necessity and swears it's the way to go. ;0)