I have a plain, white-paper copy of President Hinckley’s 6B’s on my bulletin board at work. It was typed in a fancy font, which should catch my eye but the piece of paper is pretty small (3”x5”). Most of the time, it blends into the muted landscape of bulletin board monotony: pictures, newsletters, handouts, cards, phone lists.
Every so often, I actually look at it. On rare occasion, I actually read it. Today was one of those rare occasions. And the reading of said plain paper note made me stop and think.
Today, that little paper made me think it’s high time to be better. For that reason, I’m dedicating my next 6 weeks of Top Ten lists to each of the bullet items. Below, I present the 1st installment of the 6 “B’s” and the top ten ways I can be more “B”.
Enjoy, be inspired, be - I dare you!
BE GRATEFUL
- Walk with gratitude in your hearts
- Be thankful for the wonderful blessings which are yours
- Be grateful for the tremendous opportunities that you have
- Be thankful for your parents
- Let them know that you are grateful
- Say thank you to your mother and father
- Say thank you to your friends
- Say thank you to your “teachers”
- Express appreciation to everyone who does you a favor or assists you in any way
- Thank the Lord for His goodness to you
2 comments:
Hey there cous! I see your baby countdown and the day is soon! My Mom told me a brief update of breech baby. I remember my first was breech. I didn't love the manual manipulation to move the baby to down position. Nope, didn't love thaat at all. But, the little cuddly bundle of baby loving with soft and silky hair was oh so worth it! i will be parying for you and thinking of you! Love ya my cute cousin!
I'm with ya on the finding gratitude in every day life. It's how I survive my continual battles with cancer!
Post a Comment