Wednesday, July 15, 2009

30 Days & Counting...

Belly Photo Update @ 35 Weeks

August 14th is now 30 days away, which means I am officially at the 8-month mark (cue those choir of angels!). The third trimester has proven to be quite a challenge. Perhaps I was just spoiled by the lack of issues and blessing of high energy during the first two trimesters, but I am definitely starting to feel ready to be done with this pregnancy stuff.

Things I am Looking Forward To:
Meeting & hanging out with The Boy
Putting the shower gifts to good use
Getting feeling back in my hands
Sleeping without the aid of the Pillow
Sleeping on my back
Or stomach
Working out without that extra weight
Training for a half-marathon
Tying my shoes without getting light-headed
Doing anything without that belly
Eating lunchmeat – hello, Subway!
Reintroduction of my ankles
And cute, normal-sized feet
Wearing my old shoes… oh, how I’ve missed you
Wearing my wedding ring… I’ve missed you most of all

Things I will Miss:
Being pregnant – well, until 5 weeks ago, I loved every minute of it
Feeling baby groove inside me
Wearing cute maternity clothes; sounds crazy, but I have a nice collection of awesome & stylish mama clothes, courtesy of my sister-in-law

7 comments:

Jenni said...

You really do have some great maternity clothes! I love that turquoise blouse you have on in that photo.

doesn't the last several weeks just suck? Ughhhhh. I think it's actually a blessing in disguise because it makes you SO ready to have the baby that you no longer fear child birth. You just want it to happen so the pregnancy can end! LOL

Not to make you sad, but it's been a year and I STILL can't sleep on my stomach. Breastfeeding has everything to do with that and nothing to do with my actual stomach. It bugs the heck out of me but what do you do right?

You look fantastic! I'm coming to your shower this Saturday so I'll see you then.

Renae said...

You look so cute prego!! 29 days. Go out with nothing but a small purse and sleep in!! Happy Shower this weekend.

Amanda Schurig said...

Ahh, LOVE the picture ;) Isn't it funny all the wierd things that your body does when you're pregnant? I didn't realize my hands would go numb. It made it really difficult as I would try to "write" in my journal towards the end. (I hadn't discovered blogs then) I didn't write much because my poor hands wouldn't let me!! Good luck, YOU ARE ALMOST THERE!!! Now aren't you glad I took that picture? :)

tearese said...

some people's regular shoes never fit again, or so I hear...
I loved my maternity clothes the first time around, but I am definitely getting tired of them now. They are still cuter than my regular t-shirts, I must admit. Good luck!

Anne said...

I can't believe your due date is approaching! How exciting!

Frank and Julie said...

Great picture! I'm glad that Amanda snapped that photo. You will cherish it years from now and so will your "un-named son."

Love ya,
Hang in there
Mom

angelalois said...

ugh I forgot how my hands went numb. that was awful! I couldn't write for more than 2 minutes!