Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A Sweet Surprise

As I rushed in from the gym this morning, I nearly stumbled over something on the door mat. When I looked down, I saw a brightly colored bag, erupting with with tissue paper and a hand-made card.

I smiled.

The last few weeks have been pretty tumultuous for me and the giver of this package knew it.

Picking up the bag of Fun Mail (or would it be Fun Porch Package?), I brought it into the house, giddy as a small child on Christmas morning. Setting it on the table, I pulled out the contents with reckless abandon. Similar to Mary Poppins carpet bag, goodies kept appearing from the depths of this magical bag.



Juicy Pear, anyone? This smells divine.

I heart this movie.

Toasty socks to warm the toes on cool autumn nights.

An all-time favorite: the best brand EVER - all others pale in comparison.

Polka dots are a must.

They don't seem like much, but they are music to the mouth.

Sweet sentiments that are greatly appreciated.

To that dear friend that made me smile today, thank you - your package means more than you will ever know. Besides making my entire week, these sweet treats reminded me that I need to send out Fun Mail to deserving friends too.

4 comments:

SBrooks said...

That's a friend - glad it lightened your day!

wandering nana said...

What a great surprise... where do you buy Jelly Bean candles.. and that for hooking me on the icebreakers, I loved them.

Heidi said...

Oh, what a thoughtful gift! I'm so glad you have such a wonderful friend. (And I love that movie, too!!!)

Heidi said...

What a great friend! Just when you needed it the most. I love how you described opening it- like Mary Poppins bag and all giddy. How fun.