Thursday, October 02, 2008

Quirky, moi?

Wandering Nana, obviously in a NyQuil-induced stupor, tagged me with the "List Your Quirks" tag. Just so that I was sure I was reading it right, I consulted the ever-knowledgeable and always accurate Internet, which claimed that a quirk is "a peculiarity of behavior; an idiosyncrasy; oddity". Hmm... I am not peculiar nor odd nor idiosyncratic. (Cue the raucous laughter.)

Welcome to Peculiar, Population 1. Actually, I think if we didn't all have quirks, it would be a VERY boring world. Enjoy my weirdness!
  1. This one is for Nana, though others may get it too. My big, black bag - it is huge and wonderful and I can carry my life around in it.
  2. I alphabetize my Cd's, group canned foods into categories & brands and organize my closet by color & type. I like to tell myself it's all thanks to my profession, but I've been an organizational freak for years.
  3. I hate dry cake. Yes, this idea heralds back to my post on cake snobbery, but honestly - I can't stand the stuff. Ask my husband how many bakeries we had to visit to find our wedding cake; I've never wasted so many calories on horrid cake in my life.
  4. My food must be HOT HOT HOT. I've gotten better over the years, but I have to admit that I sometimes take food out of the oven, serve it on a plate and promptly throw mine into the microwave until it is a pile of 1st degree-burn, bubbly goodness. I know, weird.
  5. I sing along to jingles - I am a sucker for ridiculous silly rhymes about laundry detergent, furniture polish or diapers, sung to the tunes of classic oldies.
  6. I have a really loud laugh. Really loud. I've tried to eke out a dainty, cute laugh but the the chortling and chuckling one always wins.

There are so many more, but we'll just leave it at 6. Tag - you're it!: Sarinah, Sara R, Sara W, Sarah W, Rachel W, Tiffany, Shera, Brooke, & Ann

4 comments:

wandering nana said...

When you said Hot, I thought you meant spicy. I'll remember to really heat things up in the future... now I know why the hot chocolate wasn't too hot. The things we learn.

angelalois said...

and your organize your scrapbook paper by color and pattern... ;-) which is cool! i group canned foods, too. so that's normal. maybe.

Shera said...

I miss that laugh of yours! I would love to hear it in person. As soon as I can limit my list of quirks, I will answer your tag.

SBrooks said...

Love the peculiars!