But as of late, many people have begun to notice my dirty little secret. And they say to me , "Gosh, you have a problem!".
I keep telling myself it's not *that* bad. Or *that* big.
But lately, I've started looking at the normal people - and it appears that mine is, in fact, much bigger than those around me. Yikes.
So what's my "problem", you ask? It's my bag. It's big. No, really big. And by big, I mean I don't have any kids but my bag looks like a bulging diaper/activity bag of a mother of triplets.
I just want to make sure that I'm prepared, that I have something if I need it... is that so wrong?
So, I'm sure you are wondering, "Michelle, what the heck is in that overflowing, monstrous thing?".
Well, I've decided it's time to come clean.
Today's Contents of Monstrous Bag, Deconstructed:
- Wallet (normal size - honest)
- Gum wrappers
- Empty gum package
- Paper clips & safety pins
- Pennies
- New pack of Gum (yea!)
- Checkbook
- Band-Aids
- Bobby pins
- Fingernail clippers
- Advil
- I-Pod
- I-Pod charger
- Thoughts & scripture journal
- More gum wrappers (perhaps I need to clean these out...)
- Sunday School reading pamphlet
- 3 tubes of lip stuff (Carmex, caramel-flavored/tinted & Chapstick)
- A note from one of my Mia Maids - from Girls Camp - in July
- Cell phone
- Make-up with mirror
- Mascara
- Tons of receipts... that I need to file away
- More gum wrappers
- Ladybug key chain (gift from YW at camp)
- Small vial of perfume, almost empty
- 12-oz bottle of hand lotion (Aveeno rocks)
- Halloween CD for church party
- Dental floss - I swear that I use this all the time
- Pen
- Medication
- Halloween bag that I used at the church party
- Camera
- Camera charger - because battery was dead
- Hand creme (it's a prescription)
- More specialized hand creme (great, now you know that I am a walking disease)
- Program from a funeral
- Oversized black permanent marker (used at church party)
- Cute handout from YW lesson last week
- Emergen-C (so that I don't get sick... oh, I just found another one)
- Headband
- Comb
- Contact lense case (I have an issue with my contacts, so this has to stay)
- Two more packets of Emergen-C (I really don't want to get sick)
- Another tube of lip stuff, but this is hydrating lip oil, so that's different, right?
- Coin purse
- Eye liner
- Crystal-Light single-serving packet - Raspberry Lemonade, in case you were wondering
- Oops - just found another gum wrapper
OK, after my little deconstruction project, I know I have a problem. So there we are - I have admitted it to the blogging world. Here's the thing: I'm a very busy girl (I know, who isn't?) and sometimes I forget to charge my I-Pod, put on my make-up or need a phone number jotted on a piece of paper. So, in my defense, it is really my day-to-day "Michelle Gets to Keep her Sanity" insurance.
So, tell me - what has to go? (The gum wrappers are obvious, I know.) Better yet, can anyone beat my list? It's not a huge purse, but I just put it on the scale and it weighs 6 lbs!
5 comments:
Darn, I was sure you forgot the band-aids but then I went over the list and saw them... but you have more than one lotion, I've seen 2 different lotions. To your defense, your purse actually has downsized from when I first got to know you.... however, you may not have a child but you still have Dave and others who depend on you. I have heard people ask if someone has something and none of us do... except you. Maybe if we all carried the things we might need you could downsize your suitcase, oh sorry, I mean purse even more. I didn't notice that you had Kleenex on that list. Oh, guess that means something else you need to add. Do you feel better since you came clean? "}
I think you should keep all that stuff so that people like me (that carry nothing but a small wallet, diapers, and wipes) can always borrow what we need. It's good to know someones prepared!
Oh, and the farm we went to was called Carleton Farms (I think). It's just off of highway 2 as you turn to go to Lake Stevens. I think there are several in the snohomish area, but we thought this one was pretty close and it was free!
Wow - now that IS a lot to have in a bag!! You definitely win the prize for that!
I love this post chelle! We are bag sisters for sure! I was always guilty of carrying a diaper bag sized bag even before kids and now....big uncomfortable confession here....I carry a purse AND a diaper bag. I know, it's so embarrassing! I just need my own things and sometimes Trev takes the kids/diaper bag. I'm like you, always thinking I might need something, and have been thankful many a time that I had my well stocked bag(s)!
I love you, girl!
Oh. My. Gosh. 100% HILARIOUS.
Post a Comment