As I brainstormed ideas, I wrote them out on the white board. Not only will we not starve but we are actually going to be able to get some hefty nutritional meals in the process. Yea for creative dinner ideas! When Dave came home and saw the impromptu menu presented on the board, he exclaimed, "Wow, it's like we live in a cafe"! That sparked another thought - if I planned meals for the entire month like this, I could save gads of money and time. I know this is not a revelation to anyone else, but it was like a light going on for little old me.
With that, here is our the end-of-the month, bottom-of-the-barrel, menu lowdown (not too bad, huh?!):
- Monday - Salsa Chicken Salad with Whole Wheat Rolls
- Tuesday - Beef Stroganoff, Steamed Green Beans & Cherry Jell-O w/Mandarin Oranges
- Wednesday - Chili with Whole Wheat Rolls
- Thursday - Beef Barley Soup with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Friday - Baked Salmon, Brown Rice and Green Salad
3 comments:
I was going to offer chili as I Have ALOT of it, but I see that you already have it on the menu. Enjoy...
What a great menu you ended up with and so much nutrition to boot. Can't wait to taste your homemade wheat rolls!!!
Love ya,
Mom
Wow! Your menu is very impressive! I love Dave's cafe comment. =) So....is your wheat roll recipe one that you'd share? We are always looking for yummy ways to enjoy our wheat around here. =)
Post a Comment