I am blessed with beautiful friends who bless my life in countless ways. It always amazes me how someone unknowingly comes to my "rescue" - whether it comes in the form of a phone call, a kind note or a friendly smile. I am so blessed... and I am filled with gratitude.
Last week, I walked in the door and noticed that Dave had grabbed the mail that day. As my eyes scanned the pile, they locked on a brown box. At first, I thought it was one of Dave's outdoor gear shipments - that is, until I saw the word "JoAnn's" emblazoned on the side. Hoorah - it's not another REI package, but rather - fun mail!
With eager anticipation, I ripped open the box and sorted through the mass of tissue paper and those fun air bubble sheets. It was a treasure trove of all things Halloween... and for anyone that knows Wandering Nana, you wouldn't be surprised that this little package of love was straight from her Witch's Spice Cabinet.
The first thing I saw was the brew recipe jar. It was the filled with ingredients for the perfect witch's brew: the "goo" pellets, spiders, bats and all manner of creepy crawling critters. It was a vision to behold!
The Creepy Jar
Cool spidey socks
A hand-crafted trick-or-treat bag that will soon be filled with sugary goodness
Boo!
Some clay Halloween decor to spice up our home for this festive season
"Peanuts" Hot Chocolate, Witch Coaster & a squeaky toy Jack o' Lantern
I'm so grateful for good friends who know that little things mean a lot... especially when life is not easy. And again, this package reminds me that there is so much more I need to do; visit a friend, write a letter, extend a hand of fellowship, spread the love.
Thanks for the sweet tokens of fall and a great reminder, Nana!



2 comments:
Love those friends. You can count on them for the love when needed!
wow! she mailed it to you? that is such a sweet gesture. Who knew
"BOO" could be so fun?
Post a Comment