Monday, September 22, 2008

Drum Roll, Please

I know, I know - I'm terribly late in announcing the award winner of my first contest, but better late than never, right?!

First of all, I wanted to thank all of the willing & quite funny participants. You each had some pretty hilarious happenings to share and the laughter was bountiful as I read through each entry.

And now, without further ado, the winner of last week's "Funny Story/Friday Conetst" is... Mindy Hales!! You made us laugh (and made me cry) - well done! Mindy, now all you need to do is leave a comment with your choice of the listed awards and I will take care of the rest. Again, I want to thank all those who participated... and be sure to stay tuned for next month's exciting contest!

If you missed her tale of mirth and woe, I've included it below for your reading pleasure:

The Fall of the Great Skirt

I was crossing the street on Montlake and Pacific in the U-District on my
way into work one morning and if you know anything about that area at 8 in the
morning you know that there is a lot of traffic. So, in order to get from the
parking lot to the hospital you have to cross once and then wait on a little
island in the middle of the street before crossing again. Well, one morning I
was waiting on the island for the light to turn so that I could cross again and
all of a sudden it felt really drafty and windy. When I looked down my skirt was
around my ankles right in the middle of busy morning traffic. I quickly bent
down, pulled up my skirt and walked as fast as I could into the hospital hoping
that no one I knew saw my tush.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh, that is too funny/sad! Congratulations, Mindy!

Darci said...

I loved your funny Story Contest. What a great idea!

wandering nana said...

Congrats Mindy.. I thought my story was funny but yours definitely deserved the price. Enjoy and thanks for sharing.

SaraRobinson said...

HMMMM....reminds me of the time when I saw a lady coming out of BK with her skirt tucked IN he underwear!!!! She walked to her car like that!!! I almost peed my pants...and HOW did she not notice???

Jenni said...

Oh...my....goodness. I know that corner that she is talking about by the U medical center. Holy cow. I would have cried!!!!!

Mindy Hales said...

Thanks! I'm sure Michelle remembers how red faced and embarrassed I was when I got into work that morning. And I'll take the Strawberry Yogurt Cake, because although I have the coveted recipe, mine never tastes as good as Michelle's.