Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Working for the Weekend

After 10:30am tomorrow, I will be officially immersed in a lovely, five-day weekend! For those inquiring minds wanting to know what one would propose to do with that much glorious time, here is the tentative itinerary:
  1. Visiting Teaching - always fun.
  2. Iron a huge pile of shirts - I actually love to do this... and yes, I know it's strange.
  3. Create care package for prize winner, Ms. Whimsy - I'm so excited for this one!
  4. Visit the library - you'd think a librarian would have better places to go, but you'd be wrong. I could live in a library; I love them that much.
  5. Brainstorm sensational topic for Friday Top 10 List - any ideas or suggestions would be welcomed and greatly appreciated.
  6. Walk the Burke-Gilman - my new favorite thing to do with Michelle and her two boys; last week we were up to 8 miles in 2 hours!
  7. Reading - I have about five books that I've been meaning to read (or that are half-read), so perhaps I can sit down and polish off a couple with this major stretch of free time. I'm sure the library would appreciate it if I stopped eternally extending my due dates. Current list: "Dead Until Dark" (Charlaine Harris), "The Wednesday Letters" (Jason F. Wright), "Crooked Little Heart" (Anne Lamott), "Time of My Life" (Allison Winn Scotch) and "These is My Words" (Nancy Turner).
  8. Take a nap - reading always induces sleep, thanks to a combination of many late nights, long bus rides and endless pages I was required to read on library science theories.
  9. Major house cleaning - you can call it "nesting" or just weird, but when I get the bug to clean it becomes a major, day-long feat... which I totally relish.
  10. Make a(nother) list - namely, start figuring out what important items we need to house, transport, clean and dress a new baby boy. I'm sure the list is pretty short, right? And I'm just now realizing that we have exactly 86 days, and counting... yikes.
  11. Take another nap - I've read - and started to find - the third trimester really taxes one's body. I can sleep just about anywhere and anytime. (Seriously considering cozying up on the top of my desk right now, except for the fact that I may not wake up.)
  12. Friday Date Night - last week was "Angels & Demons", which we nearly slept through so I'm trying to dream up something a little more lively that will keep us awake past 9pm.
  13. Road trip to Vantage, WA - Dave & Bret have been planning this rock climbing trip to eastern Washington for a while and I get to tag along for the hot weather adventures too! Planning a spectacular photo shoot of their amazing feats of strength.
  14. Go to church - typical for any given week, but deserves to be on the list too.
  15. Do the Memorial Day thing - whether we end up spending it with my family or Dave's, there's bound to be some good food and sunny weather (according to the KOMO 4-cast) to celebrate this important occasion.

Is it that obvious that I'm obsessed with lists?

2 comments:

Heidi said...

You'll have to tell us where they went rock climbing in Vantage. That is only 15 mins from my parents house (where we are at now!). Have a fabulous several days off!

SaraRobinson said...

You, bsessed with lists?? NO!

I miss "nesting". sigh.