I've read that eating organic foods is good for you. If you live in Seattle, it's the right thing to do. Plus, I've heard it's now even considered the cool thing to do. My basis for "going organic" was just a profound case of curiosity.
I know the story about how pesticides can be bad for you - like causing cancer and other nasty things. But, as I've cruised through the aisles of Whole Foods and Central Market, I had a hard time loading my cart with the healthy alternative; the cost to purchase organically-grown produce is quite prohibitive.
After going to dinner with some friends last month, one shared a fabulous tip: a short distance from where we live is a farm that processes locally-grown, organic fruits and vegetables - and - they deliver the beautiful food right to your doorstep!
Well, my curious self had to find out more about this tip. Thanks to a simple website, I was able to sign up and place my order online, then waited with childlike glee and anticipation for this gorgeous array of fresh produce to magically appear at my front door.
Today is the second round of said deliveries and I've got to say that I'm impressed. The picture above is not my box of produce but it looks equally good - and the taste is fresh and better than any produce I've purchased at local grocery stores. The cost isn't too bad, especially considering the delivery costs are factored into the invoice.
The best part is the surprises you find inside the box. Upon opening the box, you receive a different array of foods each week, which means that you and your family are introduced to fun, new fruits and vegetables.
Anyone up for a juicy slice of Minneola or a steamed portion of acorn squash?
9 comments:
What is the website!!!!
It's called Klesick Family Farm - here's the site: http://www.organicproduceshoppe.com/.
You have several options; I chose the "Small Box" to be delivered every other week. That's worked well for just two of us.
Thank you!! I am excited!!!
I just heard about this too so let me know as I think I would like to try it.
I ordered!!!Yay!!! I also added the fruit bag! 8$ so cheap! And 3 avocados for 3$ such a great place! Plus everyone loves packages delivered to the door!!!!
that is definitely cool. I miss living somewhere where organic stuff is the hip thing to do. Central Market and Whole Foods always seemed a little pricely for our budget, but we enjoyed visiting on occasion anyway.
What drives me nuts here, is you go to a party (this has happened more than once)and the only drink choices are soda, soda, and lemonade. Water wasn't even an OPTION. And they were confused when my kids didn't want to drink the pop. Oy.
my friend calls it her "veggie box." We split it with her for a couple months a few years ago since she wasn't able to eat it all. for some reason she must eat more veggies now. but, you'll be glad to haev the box when you're making baby food for your baby, since making it is the best way to do it!!
Thanks so much for posting this - I am going to check out the site. I have shopped at Whole Foods before too and was blown away by their prices. I think I paid like $7 for 5 apples Ugh.
The great thing about this place - they deliver stuff besides produce. They even have organic honey and homemade breads & rolls. It's all good stuff!
Post a Comment