Friday, April 03, 2009

Pink or Blue?

Well, I'm going to break the rules and post this before the polls close.  Enquiring minds want to know - and I'm in charge so I can break my own rules, I'd say.

Without further ado, it's time to start spreading the news...

Today made it official - and the news was officially awesome.




We're having one of these: 

Yes, that's right, folks - a baby!


And Dave got to witness the proof this time, which was loads of fun.  As baby squirmed & jived inside me and the ultrasound tech made notations on each image, Dave asked a lot of questions and seemed fully-engrossed in the whole ultrasound thing.

While still a little surreal, it was captivating to see the miraculous images and wild movements.
 
Those tiny hands, which were crossed defiantly over its face - like it was exclaiming, "Dude, a little privacy here!".

Equally prim and proper, the baby's long legs were modestly crossed and begging for a mode of decorum.  (Ms. Tech kindly left the little one's nether regions for a bit, as to record the standard measurements... but she was hopeful that our little one would be less shy on the second try.)

The round, adorable abdomen with the presence of a thundering, strong heartbeat.

A hungry mouth and tongue that were already well acquainted with the act of swallowing.

A beautiful head, filled with a very smart-looking brain.

Little fingers and toes that writhed about, yearning to set foot on some solid ground.

Finally, the tech swept back for a second view.  As the wand searched and came into focus, that final and much-anticipated image left not a shadow of doubt.

As one of Dave's sisters watched the ultrasound DVD afterwards, she exclaimed:

"Hey, HE looks just like you!".

17 comments:

wandering nana said...

Congratulations.... A BOY, who does look like his Dad!

Grossarths said...

What fun! We are super excited for you. Boys are the best!

Shera said...

Wow,a Dave Junior!!! I am so excited for you. Congrats! Now you just have to wait for him to come out so we can really see if he looks like Dave or not :)

Jenni said...

Awwe congrats on the boy! I'm sure he will enjoy many outdoor adventures with his dad!

I was hoping for a girl so bad, and at my ultrasound when she said "Well, there's the scrotum". I said out loud,"wait, girls don't have scrotums". And then it hit me. Will teases me because I was totally disappointed for like 3 days at least.

but once I got used to the idea I started loving it. And of course once Preston was born I fell in love with him instantly. I am so in love with that little guy.

Jenni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...

Congrats! Now the fun begins with buying all the cute boy clothes, room decorations and toys. :)

Tawnya said...

Yay boy!!! I wonder what Dave would have done if it was a girl :)

The Williams Family said...

How exciting - we love boys! Congrats!

Whimsy said...

What wonderful news! Congrats!

Sweet Home Alabama! said...

Congratulations! The Shields/Brown crew is excited for you.

Kaycie's Korner said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! YAY!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!! And he does look like his dad! LOL I am so excited and happy for you! Can't wait for more updates!!

Jen said...

Yay! It's so much more fun to shop when you know what kind of baby you're getting! Congrats!

Harmony said...

Yah!! Boys are awesome--I'm excited for both of you!

Amanda Schurig said...

Ahh, that's AWESOME!!! CONGRATS!!!

Mindy Hales said...

Yay a boy!!! They are so fun!!!

tearese said...

congratulations! And welcome to the club!

Bridget said...

Congratulations! Little boys are so much fun.