Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Heaven on Earth

With Seattle temperatures reaching the upper 60s and low 70s, yesterday was definitely a day to spend some good time soaking up the Vitamin D and breathing some fresh air.

The plan: meet up with my friend, Michelle, and her two adorable boys for a walk on the Burke-Gilman Trail.

The starting point was Bothell Landing (pictured above) which I have always admired as I've zipped along Highway 522, but regretfully, a place that I had never before stopped to visit. It's a beautiful park with old, wooden bridges, lush green grass, and tall swaying trees.

After tying up the shoes and throwing a headband on, we commenced; the walk was brisk and exactly what I had hoped for. As we chatted endlessly about pregnancies, family, church and more, herons floated overhead, the sky was an electric blue and a creek gurgled along the trail.

Two hours later, we were back at the cars, downing water and saying our goodbyes. As I climbed into the truck, I even had to towel off a bit... it was that good.

If you've never tried the Burke-Gilman, go discover it today! And if Seattle is a little out of your reach, just google your local urban trail - you won't regret it.

3 comments:

Sarah and James Wagner said...

It sounds so amazing!!!!Will have to put that on the list to do!

Michelle said...

It was a great walk!! And I must admit, I was a little sore today. :) Let's do it again soon!

Heidi said...

That's a fun trail and park. I agree, beautiful scenery.