Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday's Top 10 List: Slumber Party Survival Kit

Tonight I embark on the exciting adventure called a Young Women Slumber Party.  For those not familiar with this phenomenon, it is typically a night filled with girls, talking, games, laughing, eating junk food, more talking, giggling, watching movies, texting and singing karaoke (at least for our group).  

Notice that the word "slumber", nor any synonym (sleep, rest, quiet, etc.) is NOT included in the above list.  For that reason, here are some things that I'm thinking of bringing in my "Slumber Party Survival Kit".
  1. Comfy pajamas - you've got to be comfortable because it is going to be a fun, long night
  2. Fluffy pillow - nothing is better than your own pillow; also works well to muffle noise
  3. Soft blanket - can curl up in this to stay warm and keep out some of the noise, with help of the pillow, if it gets too loud
  4. Snacks - I'm pregnant.  I have needs.  And it's all about survival.
  5. Water bottle - (Ditto to #4)
  6. White noise machine - soothing sounds of ocean waves, rain drops and rustling wind will be a lovely background to "We're All in This Together" & "Keep Your Head in the Game"
  7. Ear plugs - I took these on the 4th Year Hike (Dave's idea) last year and they were worth their weight in gold... which isn't much, but still!
  8. Water gun - if small enough, I can conceal it underneath my blanket and take random water shots at our sweet noisemakers
  9. Universal remote - turn off tv randomly, just for fun  :)
  10. A mallet - to knock myself out when I can stand the late night no longer, and all other methods have failed
Last year, we were serenaded by sweet, sugar-loaded girls and their best versions of High School Musical karaoke - all. night. long.

Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

angelalois said...

haahahahahahaha we didn't even karaoke at all! but if I hear that level 2 guitar here song ONE MORE TIME I'm going to snap. For real. I'm also sad we didn't do fudge in a bag. Can you post the recipe here or on Facebook?

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Ha ha, you make me laugh. So, only a few more days and you're under the 100 day mark!