Thursday, February 28, 2008

Twilight News

I just had to share this little tidbit of information. If you’ve read Twilight, you know quite well that book #4 will be rolling out soon. A couple of weeks ago the publishing house announced the official release date for the fourth installment of the Twilight series, Breaking Dawn, will be 12:01am August 2nd, 2008. From the news release, it sounds like it will be the FINAL book in that series; according to a VP at the publishing house, "Stephenie Meyer has written a dazzling grand finale to an epic love story.” Sounds like it will be another exciting read… 5 months will fly by, right?

Another piece of fun news is that “Twilight – The Movie” finally has a release date – December 12, 2008. Bella will be played by Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson (‘Cedric Diggory’ from Harry Potter films) has been cast as Edward. For more pictures and other cast information, click here… enjoy!



2008 looks to be a good year for Twilight fans!

4 comments:

wandering nana said...

Oh thank you for letting me know. I really wasn't sure if more was coming. I had heard there is a movie but didn't know it was going to be this soon. Thanks for sharing.

Stacey said...

I'm not sure I'm thrilled about who they cast for Edward. He's not good looking enough.

My sister is a teacher and one of her students told her she'd actually do her homework if my sister would read the first 3 chapters of Twilight. (She NEVER reads for entertainment). She said she finished it in 2 days and was partway into the 2nd book when I was down visiting last week. Even my dad is thinking of reading these books since his daughter, who never reads for fun, was hooked. I'm not sure he'd actually like them though :)

Chelle said...

Apparently the movie has been in the works for a couple of years. Once they got a contract, it seemed to move pretty fast from there.

I totally agree with you, Stacey. I was disappointed in their choice for Edward - but I can't think of anyone who is "beautiful" enough to really do the character justice. I guess he'll have to do.

It's so funny that your sister had to be bribed to read them. You'll have to let us know what your dad thinks of the series. I don't know about Todd, but I doubt Dave would even consider reading them.

Darci said...

I'm So EXCITED for BOTH!!