After a day filled with annual reviews, reports and projects due, a list-making moment hit. In light of the upcoming V-Day, I started making a list in my head of random things that I absolutely adore. Feel free to read on, replicate or simply ignore - the choice is yours... oh, and can someone please tell me that I'm not the only closet list-maker out here!
- A clean home
- Blustery, overcast days
- Crazy, fun family
- Dinner train stories
- Executing a perfect back-hand, cross-court shot
- Falling asleep while reading a great book
- Granny Smith apples – tart, yet tasty
- Hugs from a loving husband
- I-pods: proof that good things come in small packages
- Jasmine – the Confederate variety smells exquisite in the summer
- Kind words and thoughtful deeds
- Laughing out loud
- Mounds of chocolate
- New nieces & nephews
- Oceans & other large bodies of water
- Peachie-O’s in all of their gummy goodness
- Quiddler because word games rock
- Red doors
- Skiing and snowshoeing
- Talking on the phone to a friend
- Umbrellas – black with white polka dots is a favorite
- Vistas of panoramic, reverent beauty
- Working out to good tunes
- XX (chromosomes) – a bit of a stretch, but makes me who I am
- Yarn, from which I can make cozy scarves
- Zoos – animals are cool
2 comments:
AWESOME LIST. And I'm not even a **closet** list-maker. I wear the badge proudly. I take list making seriously. I have sub-lists. I have to re-check my lists - AND THAT'S AN ITEM ON THE LIST ITSELF: to check the list.
It's a sickness and I don't mind.
In other news - because I am so LAZY and don't know if I'll have a chance to send you a seperate email: I had no idea that my blog rules would sort of... explode. I really meant the whole post as an I AM WEIRD - I HAVE STUPID RULES FOR MYSELF THAT DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE - YOU CAN LAUGH AT ME sort of thing. And I'm very flattered that you'd add me to your blogroll! Thank you!
Can I just tell you I love reading your blog. You write the most wonderful things. I'm a semi list make. If I am having a party I will make a list of things I need to get done for that day and then what needs to be put out. Then I check it off so I don't forget things. I especially do this on Thanksgiving day. I will also make lists of where I need to go and what I need to get (now this does come from age related memory lapses) I once took a Daryl Hoyle class... she was the queen of organizing. It was at her house. She also wrote books. Remind me to tell you about making your bed... anyway, I decided that she was just TOO organized and made TOO many lists... I quit...BUT I did use some of her ideas. So does this make me a so-so list maker?
Post a Comment