Saturday, May 07, 2011

While We Were Out

Cats Were Away, Mouse Played

While Benjamin & I were relaxing in Virginia Beach, the great outdoors were beckoning to Dave. So, he took a break from the normal routine - well, normal without US - and headed for eastern Washington. His final destination? Vantage, to play on some little rocks with Bret, Shawn Sweetnam and a few other adventurers from our ward.


A far different landscape from the west side of the state, I think that this area holds a special kind of beauty all its own.


Here is a view from the bottom of one of the climbing routes - no biggie, right?:


Other "vantage" points.


All of the guys had a fun weekend, camping, climbing and bonding. I was happy that he had the time to get away, have fun and climb his heart out.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Vantage is only 15mins from where I grew up! Lots of people go rock climbing there. Those rock formations are cool though. We used to have mutual activities at the park in vantage. Fun times!