And, this fact was proven to be true because Dave, although begrudgingly, tried it. He who is a Great Disliker of Zucchini, tried it and even liked it. He was quick to say it was not his favorite thing, but a day later the flavors has nestled in and formed a moist, chocolate-y, cake-y treat which even he enjoyed. I will say with great certainty, that if wrapped or stored properly, this stuff tastes SO much better the next day. And, with the zucchini, dark chocolate, whole wheat and Splenda, I dare say it's even a bit of a healthy indulgence.
So, with that grand introduction, I give you my version of Dark Chocolate Zucchini Bread - or Heaven on a Platter.
Chocolate Zucchini Bread from One Ordinary Day (courtesy of Slice of Feist), with slight variations by ME (changes in purple)!
Ingredients
1 & 1/2 Cups Shredded Zucchini
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp dough softener (not necessary, but gives a lighter feel to the finished product)
2/3 Cup high quality Unsweetened Cocoa
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Dash of salt
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Canola Oil
1/4 Cup NF sour cream
1/2 Cup Splenda
1/2 Cup packed Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
3/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
Directions
In a mixer, combine your oil, sugars and vanilla. Mix in your eggs and shredded zucchini. In a separate bowl, sift together your flours, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. Slowly add this dry mixture into your wet mixture. Beat until combined. Mix in your chocolate chips.
Scrape your batter into a greased 9x5x3 loaf pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 50-65 minutes, or until done. Eat and moan. (Their words, not mine, but after eating it, I think I'd agree.)
4 comments:
I'm with Dave, zucchini is not my favorite veggie. But bake it with chocolate and it even sounds good!
I love zucchini. Chocolate z bread is my favorite. I use to make it all the time. Thanks for the recipe.
yum sounds great! mine were tucked too far in the crisper...forgot about them...and well, they met their maker.... :)
I dont like zucchini but i love chocolate zucchini bread and cake. Yummo! My recipes aren't this healthy though. Haha!
Post a Comment