Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Time Out

For several years, I've contemplated attending this and then it just passes me by. This year, the event was held in Seattle, so I decided I needed to make it happen. I'm glad I did; it was a good, uplifting weekend and I learned some powerful lessons, heard stories that made ME cry, and at the end, I'd resolved to make some goals about becoming a better daughter, wife, mother, friend and human being. Pretty lofty, as I have so much to work on, but not too bad for a lazy weekend in April.

It was held in Benaroya Hall; beautiful, amazing place with acoustics to die for.


I didn't take pictures of all the presenters, but here are a few (very poor quality because I was sitting towards the back of the hall and I don't have a fancy zoom-y lens yet):
Moderator (nice name, huh?); Michael McLean, John Bytheway, Mariama Kallon and the singing group, Mercy River. I will admit there were some moments of cheesiness, but I felt the spirit and had some sweet moments of inspiration; I can handle a little side of cheese, if it's tempered with plenty of the good stuff.

Beautiful Benaroya. All of the presenters were astonished with the great acoustics and a few did their best operatic impressions to test them out.

I even talked my cute sister-in-law, Aubri, to come with me. And we found someone else that was lingering, leisurely, afterwards who snapped our picture.
I look tired. And old. But you know, that's ok.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Next year I'd love to go with you! And you look fabulous! Not tired and old!

I heard you ran into my mom at Target! I hope your flight was good and you have a great trip. :)

Jenni said...

Awe glad you had a good time. My mom and I went to Time Out for Women 2 years ago at Benaroya. I really liked it, but my mom didn't LOL (read about it on my last blog post). I used to work at Benaroya for the Seattle Symphony...so many good memories in that concert hall. Did you know they used the same tree for all the panneling wood in the concert hall for the accoustics. I mean ONE tree, so that the wood would be an exact match. They treated the construction of the interior like how they make a violin - use the same wood for the instrument. And the inside of the concert hall is a seperate building from the rest of Benaroya. They did that because the Northwester railroad runs right underneath the concert hall and so they built a building wtihin a building - full of shocks, absorbants, and everything. Obviously one cannot hear a train at all. :) Just a pin drop.