Tuesday, May 24, 2011

About A Boy

Playing catch-up...
Long ago, I promised myself my blog would not become a "Look at my amazing/adorable/genius/(fill-in-the-blank) kid!" blog. I have tried to balance pictures and antics of our child with the daily happenings of "the parents" and random adventures we experience every day too.

But...

I have a LOT of pictures and not enough time to blog about all of The Benjamin Chronicles. So, we're going to lick this problem by breaking my cardinal rule. I present my long-ish blog post: All About A Boy, a pictorial essay of Benjamin's comings and goings lately. Then I'll be done. I think.

Lake Forest Park
A cold spring morning with Grandma & Mommy


Firsts: Spaghetti on My Own
Not sure why it took me *this* long to let him go hog wild with the spaghetti, but he definitely loved it and licked the bowl clean!


Hanging at Greenlake
You'll start to notice a theme. This kid likes parks. A lot.

Firsts: Chillin' in the Pool
And he WAS chilled to the bone. He loved playing in the water - and in the world's smallest kiddie pool, but as soon as he jumped in and sat down, he'd leap out shrieking: "Cold!". Then he repeated that same sequence about 20 times. I had to stop the fun when his teeth were chattering uncontrollably.

POK!
Our little neighborhood park is his favorite place in the world. He can climb, swing and slide for hours, never tiring of the fun. We usually have to drag him home as he cries out, "Pok, pok, pok!".


4 comments:

Michelle said...

I LOVE the pictures, especially the spaghetti ones!

wandering nana said...

I love hearing and seeing things about the boy. He is so cute.

Tamara said...

I second wandering nana. I love watching your boy grow and I want to even more now that I don't get to see him once a week.

Jenni said...

That is so funny because I said the exact same thing about our blog. I get annoyed when all people post about is their kids, when you don't even know their kids and just want to know how your friends (the parents) are doing. I know that sounds harsh, and obviously I love kids but...you know what I mean. :) Balance is GOOd.