Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Forever in Blue Jeans, Baby

Stylin' Duds

A few months ago, I saw a television ad for a new diaper from Huggies - the Jean Diaper. The commercial was ridiculous and the narrator shared priceless phrases like, "I poo in blue" and
"When I'm going #2, I look #1". A bit silly and crass, yes. And, in reality, who really wants to pay more for something that you are just going to toss in the trash? Not me.

But, then I saw an online deal that cut the price from $11.99 per package to $1.99. No matter how much I despised the thought of the phrase "I poo in blue" running in my head every time Benjamin would wear them, I couldn't pass up this deal: less than 7 cents per diaper.

So, I quickly purchased three packs. And I waited.


They arrived today and the final cost: $5.97 (no tax or shipping) - what a killer deal!

And despite that phrase, I threw one of the blue wonders on Benjamin this morning. Never fear, I don't plan to run him around in just a shirt and no pants (like the babies in the commercials and runway shows). And, in the end, they're kind of cute!

2 comments:

wandering nana said...

They are cute but I have a problem with the commercial. I wouldn't pass them up either for $1.99. Good job Mom.

tearese said...

yeah, these came out a year or two ago, and when they re-released them this year they used the exact same commercial. I think they just sell them in the summer. I was tempted to buy some last time they were out, but they were too much for such a small package.