As promised, I am about to share the details from my picture hint... namely, the reason for purchasing my gleaming GARY FISHER ARC SUPER road bike.
So, you're reading it here first, folks: I am totally jumping into the deep end of the pool on this one, but here goes nothing. Michelle A. & I are signing up to do a sprint triathlon in September! I know I must be crazy, but exercising with a purpose seemed like a much better idea than just exercising for the sake of it.
For those not in "the know", a sprint triathlon is not a triathlon that you do super fast, but rather a shorter version of the Olympic (read: intense and turbo long) version. The Lake Stevens Sprint Triathlon consists of a .25 mile swim, 9.8 mile bike ride, and a 3.1 mile run. That doesn't sound too bad, right?
So, if you're not busy on September 11th and are in the greater Seattle area, feel free to stop by Lake Stevens and cheer us on to victory. Actually, the other Michelle may place, as she is a tri-veteran. I don't have any grand illusions that I'll place and I may even finish last (hopefully not), but I think it will be an awesome experience nonetheless!
Wish us luck - and maybe say a quick prayer that I will regain my sanity!!!
5 comments:
I will cheer you on if I'm in town. Good luck...wish I had your energy.
Place? I had to laugh at that one. Remember, I haven't done any exercise besides our walks in THREE years!! Pre-babies! So if anything, I'm sure I'll place in the bottom half of the group.
100 days of training left! But who's counting, right?? Eek.
You can totally do it! I just signed up for the Whidbey one in August, only about 8 weeks to go!
Good luck with training. It's fun that you have new bike to ride too!
I am so proud of you! That is awesome - good job. You have motivated me to get out there and start doing something more for myself. Go Michelle!
Post a Comment