Saturday brought a break from the rain and delivered one of the most beautiful, sunny spring days that Western Washington has seen all season.
So, after dropping Benjamin off at the grandparent's house, I headed to the Burke-Gilman trail to take my bike on its maiden voyage. Dave met me there (he rode from our house), and as a last-minute turn of luck, Michelle called, so she met up there too.
Wow, what a gorgeous day! And the bike felt like a dream; it was fast, smooth and a great ride. The only down-side: the trail was super packed due to the sudden emergence of summer-y weather, so it made certain portions of the trail a bit of a challenge.
All in all, we did 20 miles that day. Considering that the sprint triathlon is only 9.8, we did pretty well and can work on improving speed and other skills, rather than worrying about distance issues. And although I experienced the typical saddle soreness from being on a new bike, it was so wonderful to sail through the wind and take in all that Vitamin D.
And with the sun and warmer temps coming back today, it's time to hop back on the trail. Maybe I'll see you out there too!
2 comments:
I can guarantee you won't see me. I'm lucky to keep both feet on the ground as it is. Keep biking.
hey gorgeous mama! I've enjoyed catching up on your blog. Benjamin is so stinkin cute!!!
I wish we could run together (especially with views of the sound!--lucky!) I ran a 5K May 22--one day short of baby c being three months old. I wasn't that fast, but jogged the whole thing! Now I'm training for the next 5K-- Haven't ventured into swim and bike yet...maybe someday! You inspire me! Love you!
Post a Comment