Here's a little glimpse into what we've been doing in our neck of the woods:
Brent & Azzlinn's Visit
Mom, brother Eric & Dad
Dave, Benjamin & I after chowing down on Red Robin BBQ chicken wraps.
My nephew, Owen, & mom
The Newlyweds - brother Brent & Azzlinn
My sister Kali and her daughter, Jennifer
Benjamin, our soggy, teeth-cutting wonder!
Physical Therapy
As mentioned in a previous post, I was sidelined with a little injury. Turns out, I strained my left hip flexor muscle, which called for a little PT. Cool thing is, the place I go is opening up a runner's clinic, which will help me get strong and back on the road that much faster!

Cinderella the Musical
I already mentioned this, but forgot to post the pictures. I was by myself for the hour and 45 minutes-trip, so I did a mini photo journal en route.
In Bloom
Spring and summer are a beautiful time of year. For me, nothing illustrates that better than fresh flowers. As a bit of a splurge, I bought a bunch of pink peonies at Trader Joe's. I have always loved these flowers and really wanted these for my wedding bouquet, but unfortunately, they are hard to come by in the middle of the winter.
Organically-Speaking
We've been loving the boxes of fresh produce delivered on our porch each week. Look at those goodies, including the cute, little stowaway I found!
Battle of the Sexes
June's combined activity pitted the girls vs. the boys, in a series of events; they included Homemaking, Baby Care, Dress & Make-up, Car Care, Sports Fan, and Shaving. The YW are just a bit competitive, so we even got shirts for the occasion! In the end, the girls slightly edged in front of the boys in the quick-fire challenge. It was a hilarious night!
Mountaineering Training
On a date night a few weeks back, we headed over to the warehouse where Bret works, for some Mt. Rainier training. Dave's brother, Jon, is hanging from the line and is learning to use a "prusiks" to self-rescue. This is particularly useful when one slips and finds oneself hanging in a deep, icy crevasse. Good to be prepared, right?
Oak Harbor Soccer Tournament
Kali's kids, Ethan and Jennifer, play soccer... a lot. On a rainy, typical Seattle day, we made the 1 1/2 hour drive up and around Whidbey Island to see them show off their fancy foot skills.
Pink Party
Yeah, that is our fearless YW president and one of my Mia Maids popping pink whoppers at the party to celebrate all of our incoming Beehives. We had pizza, pop, punch and lots of pink treats. Then we played "Guess the Famous Person" (tag on each person's back), "The Human Knot" and "Chubby Bunny", followed by the unveiling of the secret sisters. Good times!
5 comments:
Thanks for sharing all the pictures. I really missed out on the YW activities while I was gone. I love the peonies. My grandfather use to grow them and had a transplant that I really took care of at our old house...unfortunately, it no longer exist because the new owners bulldozed the pond and ALL surrounding plants. It was in Dec when we moved so I couldn't transplant it. "{
Looks like you have been keeping super busy! Sounds like a really fun summer so far though. I love peonies too :)
You guys do some cute and fun activities with the youth. The battle of the sexes sounded super fun!
I really liked the spontaneous picture I took of you and Dave and the Ben. You both look great in that picture!
Thanks for sharing all the pictures. I know sometimes we take a lot of pictures and then don't post them. So thanks for the all!!!!
I've been meaning to ask you where you're going for PT - that's awesome that they have a runner's clinic! How long will you be sidelined?
Post a Comment