Happy *almost* Birthday, Benjamin!
It's crazy to think that this funny, extremely active kid was not in our lives a year ago. Well, I was pregnant with him, but we had yet to meet the little guy, face-to-face, at this time last year. Anyway, today is his 11-month mark, which means the big #1 is only 30 days away!
I haven't been great about putting up his stats over the last few months, but at his last doctor's appointment (9 months), this is what we learned:
Weight: 20.5 lbs (30th%)
Height: 30" (95th%)
Head Circumference: I think it was 17" (it was average, per the growth charts)
Fun Factoids:
He's walking, folks. Does a funny sideways walk when he starts to lose his balance.
Babbles da-da-da, ma-ma-ma, ta-da & go-go-go.
LOVES books... to the point he starts to cry when we say "The End" after reading Goodnight Moon.
Eats like a horse.
Favorite foods: anything really, but seems to love Gerber's Meat Lasagna.
Had a taste of a Wendy's frosty a month ago; loved it going down, not so much coming back up.
Hates shoes. Cannot keep them on his feet, so his socks are wearing out crazy fast.
Got four teeth at once (last month): two on top, two on bottom. Grinds them to the point where it sounds like he is munching on rocks.
Climbs anything - stove, fridge, bookshelf, baseboard heaters, people.
Adores animals, but especially dogs.
Baby weightlifter - can pull his body weight while holding onto a wooden dowel.
Doesn't like pacifiers, but seems to be pacified in similar manner by an empty bottle.
Figured out how to open doors!!! He's pretty tall and has recently been able to reach our door handles that are levers, rather than traditional knobs.
Insanely ticklish.
Has an infectious laugh and cracks up at the wackiest things.
He's a great kiddo, we love him like crazy and we absolutely realize that we are so lucky to have him in our family.
6 comments:
Walking!!?!?! Amazing. Now you need to watch out! :) Love the picture and I can't believe he is going to be a year old already!
He is a little man already,so cute. and into everything. Lots of joy and patience for you guys.
He is growing up so fast. I can't believe he will be a year old.
I can't believe he's walking! We have the same problem with shoes so I'm worried Hayden will be walking soon. Her feet are so narrow that I'm not sure I could find any that fit. And the others she can just pull off to easily because there's a lot of wiggle room. But they have to have shoes if they're walking!
I'm so glad you love being a mom.
He's the cutest thing on two feet I've seen in a while!
Love the stats to help us keep up with his growth.
Can't wait to see him Friday!
Happy almost birthday Benjamin. Preston didn't wear shoes until after he turned 1 either. But once they start walking they are helpful so the socks don't get all yucky. lol.
What a cutie!
Post a Comment