Cake Decorating 101
Yesterday, I transformed the church kitchen into a world-renowned bakery. In an effort to create an exciting, reality TV show-like baking competition, I set up stations for mixing colors, cupcake decorating (learning the techniques), sprinkles galore and the two team areas.
The competition was fierce, with the two winning categories being "Most Creative" and "Best Technique". All received awards from the YW basket, filled with socks, candy bars, lotions and crackers. Oh, and the winning cakes - they were delivered to our two sets of missionaries; not only was it a fun activity where everyone learned something new, but we incorporated some friendly competition and sweet service, to boot!
Sadly, none of my Mia Maids were present - and they were the ones that really wanted to do this activity! They were missed, but I think everyone in attendance had a great time.
If you want to see all of the photos, you can go here.
2 comments:
I love watching the Cupcake T.V. Shows. What fun you had with your girls.Great Teacher you are!
Hi friend, this blog is beautiful and so are you. miss you and love you. will be in touch soon.
Post a Comment