As I slightly tipped the hand mirror while applying my mascara, I saw the bugger sitting there on my forehead, sucking away on my A-negative blood. I wildly slapped my forehead, but it quickly flitted away. Suddenly, felt itchy all over and my head hurt.
Then, the dude just diappeared for a while. (Fast forward three hours.)
I don't typically embrace violence, but an outdated copy of the Journal of the American Dietetic Association (would have been more appropriate if it was Blood or the Journal of Infectious Diseases) was in reach and silently found its mark on this little bugger. Mr. Mosquito was gleefully bouncing along the wall under a vibrant watercolor painting at the time. After the swat, he bounced along the wall one, two, three... but then fell dramatically behind my desk.
Rest in peace, giant mosquito.
Random thoughts as I swatted madly at said-pest: how big is his brain? do you think it hurt? do you think he has children? Made me kind of sad to kill this delicate little creature - for a second, but then my head started itching.
3 comments:
Well done, one less Blood Sucker in the world, now all be need is to get rid of the Cullens!
no way!! I hate mosquitoes and feeling totally cool with a mosquito massacre! so don't feel guilty. and guess what? one got me on my forehead this morning too! GAH!
I was at the computer last night and one attacked me on the head. I got it and it landed in between the keyboard keys. However, it was dead, dead. The trick was dumping the keyboard upside down to get it detached!
I'm with you. The less mosquitoes in this world the better. They seem to like our Marchant blood!
Post a Comment