However, I've found that if I don't start using the food right away, it will go bad and then I am just tossing money down the drain. So, when today's box arrived, I decided to put off making enchiladas and whip up some things from our box of goodies.
Here was dinner tonight:
* Leafy Green Salad with Poppyseed dressing and sliced almonds
* Fresh Corn on the Cob
* Roasted Yukon Gold potatoes and Shallots
* Grape, Strawberry and Peach salad
And yes, besides being a healthy & light summer dinner, it was absolutely delectable!
For those interested, here is the recipe for the potatoes and shallots:
Roasted Potatoes and Shallots
Ingredients:
0.2 lbs shallots, peeled and quartered
3 T extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1.5 lbs potatoes, quartered
1 t salt
1/2 t freshly ground black pepper
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees with rack in lowest position. Toss shallots with 1 1/2 T oil, 1/2 t salt, & 1/4 t pepper in a 9x13" baking pan, spreading evenly. Roast, stirring occasionally, until shallots are golden (about 30 minutes). Toss potatoes with remaining 1 1/2 T oil, 1/2 t salt & 1/4 t pepper, in a bowl, then add to shallots. Roast, turning occasionally, for approximately 40 minutes.
Enjoy!
7 comments:
Okay...I've told you all I don't cook a lot and really not much at all when I worked...but what are shallots? Never heard of them. It looks really good.
I envy your husbands appetite. That looks so yummy! But if I even thought about making Todd a dinner with TWO salads in it I don't know what he would do. HA!
I would love to get fruits and veggies delivered this way. This looks delicious! I wish Tim would eat a salad with fruit in it.
Oh my YUM! I just got my box today - I will definitely have to try some of those recipes!
Did you already have the shallots? Those didn't come in the box did they?
YUM, I'm going to try that!!!
Where do you order your organic veggies from? My old visiting teaching companion in bothell does that, where she pays like $30 a month and gets produce delivered to her throughout the month. But I can't remember the name of the place she uses. We're in Fall City though (issaquah area) so I don't know if the place you use would deliver out near us. Or can you recommend one?
Post a Comment