Tuesday, September 08, 2009

1 Month

Happy One-Month Birthday, Benjamin!

It's hard to believe that we have already hit the one-month mark; holy cow, the times flies when we are not getting any sleep!

We have our one-month appointment this week, so I will post the updates on statistics then.  But, I do know that at the last lactation appointment, he was tipping the scales at 7 pounds, 3 ounces.  That means that he has gained nearly two pounds from his lowest weight.

Fortunately, our little Benjamin has finally caught on to this whole feeding thing. Unfortunately, he has decided that he is hungry all the time and has been known to eat large quantities at 1-2 hour intervals.  In fact, yesterday he ate nearly 5 ounces in one feeding!


7 comments:

Tiffany said...

oh my!! He is just adorable.

Mindy said...

He looks so sweet in that blankie. I'm sure you've heard this a million times, but hang in there! I don't know if you have a swing, but this worked when nothing else would for both of my kids. After a couple of months, both of my kids were less fussy and gassy (Ezra really struggled with this). I didn't change anything about my diet, their stomachs matured, and things got better. :0)

wandering nana said...

I love the blocks..... I can't believe how big he is getting and sooo cute.

SBrooks said...

Super cute! So are the name blocks! So fun! A bundle of lovin to snuggle with.... will you come and visit soon so I can spoil you so I can hold the cute little Benjamin? I hear Allegiant Air has great prices to Mesa!

Ann said...

He's so cute.

Renae said...

Michelle-belle, I just caught up on your blog and 1) he is getting bigger and catching up on his food! good-yes, the sooner he'll sleep for longer intervals.
2) If he has gas, use the gas drops. Colicky for no apparent reason, then I only have sympathy. Someone told me that it just gets better after 6 weeks. 2 more to go.
3) I love that your husband took that picture of you sleeping next to Benjamin. When he's older you'll have the visual proof of one of the sacrifices you made for his well being, and your husband's. :)
You're a great mom and it'll get better!

Tymon said...

Cute kid. Grats =)